Thursday, June 16, 2011

Reptile Enclosure Progress

Well, a little while ago I got a tank for my Central blutetongue (which I should have by the end of the year, so excited!) from one of dads friends.



A centralian!
Photo from bluetonguskinks.net. Awesome site. Awesome forum. Awesome people. Check it out!





Now, it was a bit smaller then what I wanted, so it still wont be a permanent home. I had a few plans for custom making all my own rocks and plants (which went out the window as they were intended for a larger tank), so i decided to go ahead a pimp it out anyway, whilst practicing at the same time. Hey, it would be perfect for a pygmy monitor later on ;D


Le foam

Le tank.

Basic blocking out of the shapes.

This is going to be the basking platform. Underneath is also a larger enclosed hide.

This I will be using sand as his substrate, this is the food/water platform (also with hide that extends to the tip of the ramp). That way he wont drag any sand up there.
 Day 2
Added texture

And a ramp.


I also decided to put in a background =D



And thats it for now =D The foam is actually finished as of yesterday, but I still havent taken the photos off the camera =/ I have also started on making the plants!

For part 2 - Click here!

As for sewing, I have started on Lukas mega tulle skirt of doom (its driving me crazy!). I just wanted to get it done before switching the colours on the overlocker. Although Ive ended up having to start hand sewing it as it no longer fits in the machine x.x. Should be done soonish~! 

Theres a sewing machine in this picture??? Where??


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...