Friday, July 15, 2011

Sewing Stuff

School holidays = Lots of sewing! (Hopefully..If I dont get lazy...)

First off, I went to Perth, where Spotlight was having a sale! I believe that was like, the first time ever Spotlight has had a sale the same week I am in Perth, every other time the sale either stopped like the day I get there, or  starts the day Im leaving, the bastard... :/

But unfortuantly...There was nothing I really needed to buy, so I decided to revamp Max my ferrets cage.

Max.




And so! I brought some pretty blue material to make some new covers for all his platforms, some black fleece for the beds, some blue and red cotton for the beds, as well as a tonne of thread for my overlocker, as it was only $1 each! *A* Seriously, I brought 12 of them xD

So, hopefully I should have some ferret bedding done soon~ Im also going to try to aim for a red/blue/black/white colour scheme for his cage - his current one is a weird mix of blue/purple/pink/yellow/green/black/grey 0_o The main colours being purple and pink...How that happened considering hes a boy is beyond me, so hopefully it should look more uniform xD I kind of wish I had of got at least 2 of each of the coloured cottons - there is only enough for about two beds each, so instead of being a random mix of colours his cage is going to become a random mix of patterns...Aw well..Next time~

I have also finally finished my Sandplay skirt, horray! Just need a petticoat, which Ill probably cheat at and just buy off ebay ($9! Plus its not as if you see it anyway.....). I may still add another layer though to hold up the purple over skirt a bit better.  I also have that started, I just have to sew the band and skirt together, then add a small bustle. I have also got the base of the corset started, which I did so as to tell where I want the over skirt to sit and such.

For the corset, I used a very modified version of this pattern - How to Make a Steampunk Corset

I really need a nice place to take photos... My images never seem to do what I make justice, ever. Plus my lovely concrete flooring is oh so photogenic (Alright, Ill admit, concrete flooring is actually pretty cool whilst doing craft things. Spilt some paint? Eh, who cares...) Ok, so basically the purple skirt isnt sewn, it is also going to be roll-hemmed, it needs another layer under it, and the corsets only there for measuring purposes, so ignore the fact that its all wrinkly and stuff, its only pinned. It will later be covered in a black silk once its been boned. Plus, the skirt shall be much poofier once I get the petticoat ;D


In other news, whilst in Perth I also went to the zoo =D




<3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...